Sunday, August 15, 2010

Grilled Sandwich - Vegetables and Cheese!

This one takes less than 5 minutes once you're grill is good to go!
Came up with this one on the go. Got myself a few vegetables from the markets. Chopped them up and threw them in the freezer last week. I do that genius stuff every now and again.
Yesterday afternoon, feeling a bit hungry, don't want a big lunch.... what do I do... oh! the frozen vegies. Out they come and voilĂ ! One of the simplest lunch recipes was born.

Steamer ready! If not, boil some water. Throw the veggies in. They just need to been softened up a bit, not cooked entirely. The mix that I'm using is very simple -

Cauliflower
Broccoli
Carrots
Beans

You can use the frozen vegie packs from the supermarket. I just happen to be in the fresh markets every week so I usually do my own.

Use any type of bread, I use white (that's because I run and exercise) and spread the steamed vegies on the bread. Grate some cheese on the top when you're done. Some salt and pepper (freshly ground if that's an option). On to the grill and make sure the bread gets toasted nice and crisp - that ensures two things, one, the bread feels good to bite into and two, the cheese melts.

Nothing you didn't know! BUT. How many times have you DONE this in the last 2 years? Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment